Top 5 Places to Put a Barn Quilt
Posted on June 22 2017
So you don't have a barn? Most of us don't. But that shouldn't hold you back from enjoying a barn quilt at home. Here we list our top 5 places to put a barn quilt, even if you don't have a barn.
1. Your Shed - What is a backyard shed but a mini-barn? Maybe yours is full of gardening tools or pool supplies, or you're lucky enough to have the highly sought after "she-shed", whatever the contents inside, dress up the outside with a Modern Barn Block.
2. Outside your home - Dress up your front entry or back patio with some fresh designs while at the same time sharing your love for quilting with all of your visitors (as if they didn't already know you're a quilter.) Our Summer House block looks perfect here in this picture shared by one of our customers.
3. Your Garden - We think barn quilts look particularly at home outside amongst the flowers and fresh fruits and vegetables this time of year. Unlike your garden though, our Barn Blocks require no maintenance and are made to withstand everything from blistering hot temperatures to wet summer storms.
4. Kids Room - It's probably the most fun you will have decorating a room. With bold, bright colors and playful shapes, our Play Room barn quilt can add a special creative touch to match your child's unique style.
5. Your shelves, table top or mantel - Changing the focal piece on your entry table or fireplace mantel to a barn quilt can be a fun starting point before adding accessories to compliment your own personal style. Below we've added a weathered wood frame to our Strength block design and included fresh fruit from the local fruit stand.
Do you have more ideas on where you would put a barn quilt? Let us know in the comments. And as always, we love to see your photos on Instagram and Facebook, so please keep sharing and let everyone know where you Put a Quilt on It!